An Exploration of Corners, Robot Shakespeare, and Political Philosophy

And probably, inevitably, FASHION.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

3D- it will change your life!

Apparently, if you see Avatar in 3d, it will change the way you think about movies- forever! It will change your life! Never before has something in three dimensions appeared so three dimensional!

I must admit when I saw Avatar in 2d I disliked it immensely. *braces self for angry backlash*

It's just that I have no desire to invest myself in 3d-OMGwe-are-so-edgy-sci-fi-fangirlfangirl-Fern-Gully-2. I mean, the script was doomed to cliche-dom as soon as Jake Sully fell in love with the blue version of Zoe Saldana, who turned out to be the alien chief's daughter. Ick.

I did have a few favorite parts of the movie, however, to be fair.

1. Michelle Rodriguez's shirt
Which looked like this:














Which is simultaneously the most badass way to wear a shirt and one of the most ridiculous. It plays right into fanboy fantasies though. I mean, of course the hot fighter pilot can't just wear a normal tank top! Oh no! She must have that cleavage on display, lest we forget she's female! Which we won't!

That said, I kind of love it. The feminist in me adores how many strong women were in Avatar. (Even if there is some debate as to whether director Cameron is a feminist ally at all.)

2. Blue Alien Humanoid Sex
I loved that the aliens got to have romantic sex in what seemed like the normal human fashion, although I seriously doubt the presence of humanlike male anatomy underneath that loincloth:

Dude is hung like a Ken doll


Exactly-

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen the movie, but your post kinda changes my mind about wanting to see it

    please visit my blogs :)

    http://dreamingchiffon.blogspot.com
    http://notthathaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete