An Exploration of Corners, Robot Shakespeare, and Political Philosophy

And probably, inevitably, FASHION.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Three Christmas Songs I Refuse To Stop Listening To After Christmas



















Well, the first two are winter songs. You know, winter doesn't end after Christmas. There are still two more months of cold and ice to endure without the promise of hot chocolate and presents. Therefore, I propose the continued presence of winter songs as a remedy to January gloominess.

1. Baby It's Cold Outside
Despite a little bit of a date-rape undertone ("say, what's in this drink?!"), this song never fails to warm my heart with all of its implied romance and promiscuity. Aw. And with Zooey Deschanel, my favorite Manic Pixie Dream Girl, everything becomes intensified with awesome.

2. Sleigh Ride- Leroy Anderson

I named my car Leroy Anderson after the genius behind this song. No joke. And, it's instrumental, so if it weren't for the slight jingle of bells every once in a while, no one would ever identify it as Christmas music, right? Anyhow, you can go on a sleigh ride any ol' time when there is snow on the ground.

3. All I Want For Christmas Is You

Okay, undeniably Christmas-y. Cheesy. Overdone. But Love Actually melted my brain and now I listen to this song on repeat the entire month of December.

What Christmas song do you listen to in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment