An Exploration of Corners, Robot Shakespeare, and Political Philosophy

And probably, inevitably, FASHION.

Monday, December 14, 2009

First Corners



Something we have fetishized in the modern Western world is straight lines. Right angles. The intersection of straight lines at right angles. Corners.

Where would our world be without corners? Even without the round ones we would not be able to connect our walls.

The reminds me of my favorite prank call from elementary school:
Prank caller: ring ring hello
Prank callee: hello
Prank caller: Is Amy Wall there?
Prank callee: No, I'm afraid she isn't...I-
Prank caller: Well then may I speak with Robert Wall?
Prank callee: Uhhh....
Prank caller: How about Jordan Wall?
Prank callee: There are no Walls here.
Prank caller: Well then what's holding the roof up? *hysterical laughter* -click-

Henceforth, this blog will be at least partially devoted to the discovery and admiration of corners.

Like so:



No comments:

Post a Comment